In the world of property management, fostering a thriving and inclusive community is not just a goal but a responsibility. At Marquette Management, we are committed to this ethos, and we are proud to stand alongside the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) in support of the ‘Foundations for Rental Housing’ initiative. This groundbreaking initiative calls upon property management companies across the nation to embrace six core principles that promote equitable treatment and create a positive environment for all residents.
These six core principles are the cornerstone of our approach to community management:
- Intentional Engagement: We understand that fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, and communication is essential in building a thriving community. Our team is committed to engaging with residents proactively, ensuring that their voices are heard, and their concerns are addressed promptly. By prioritizing open dialogue, we create an environment where residents feel valued and heard.
- Responsive Service: We recognize the importance of having a well-defined procedure in place to respond to resident requests. Whether it’s a maintenance issue, a lease-related query, or any other concern, our commitment to timely and efficient service remains unwavering. This principle ensures that our residents experience the highest level of satisfaction during their stay.
- Legal Compliance: At Marquette Management, we adhere to all applicable anti-discrimination, fair housing, and fair credit laws. We believe that housing should be accessible to everyone, irrespective of their background, and we are dedicated to upholding the principles of fair housing. Discrimination has no place in our communities, and we actively work to eliminate it.
- Financial Empowerment: We support residents who express an interest in enhancing their credit through rent payment reporting. Understanding the significance of credit scores in today’s world, we empower our residents to improve their financial standing by reporting their rent payments to credit bureaus. This proactive approach helps residents build a stronger financial future.
- Assistance in Times of Need: Life can be unpredictable, and financial hardships can arise. In such situations, we are committed to responding to requests from residents who seek external resources. Our aim is to support our residents during challenging times, connecting them with the resources and assistance they need to navigate difficult circumstances.
- Clear Rights and Responsibilities: Transparency is key to building trust within our communities. To ensure that everyone understands their role, we outline the rights and responsibilities of housing providers and leaseholders within our lease documents. Clarity in expectations fosters a harmonious living environment.
By incorporating these six core principles into every community’s culture, Marquette Management is not just managing properties; we are nurturing communities where every resident feels respected, supported, and valued. Our partnership with the NMHC in endorsing the ‘Foundations for Rental Housing’ initiative underscores our commitment to creating positive, inclusive, and equitable living spaces for all.
To learn more about the ‘Foundations for Rental Housing’ initiative and how it is shaping the future of property management, we encourage you to explore the NMHC’s dedicated resources on this important initiative here. Together, we can build stronger, more vibrant communities that exemplify the principles of respect, fairness, and inclusivity.